Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: Late Bloomer Newbie...

  1. #1
    Inactive Member colettedenali's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 20th, 2004
    Posts
    426
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Good luck on your GRE! I'm applying to PhD programs at Columbia, Harvard, and Brown... so I feel your pain!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member chrysa1is's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2005
    Posts
    156
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'd LOVE to go to Duke for my Master's, but realistically, I don't know how pratical it is to get my Master's from a University that that a year of courses to get the license to get the job will be more than my pay for a whole year as a teacher.

    But one can dream... le sigh

    Good luck with your applications! Wow! Columbia is another one I'd love to attend. To be back in the City!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member colettedenali's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 20th, 2004
    Posts
    426
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The price of grad school is just too high. It's ridiculous. Luckily, many schools offer full fellowships for underrepresented students. My tribe also has a strong commitment to education and they offer very nice grants.

    But yeah... New York? AGP = plus... Everything else being so expensive = minus.

    Good luck! I should I say "felicity?"

  4. #4
    Inactive Member chrysa1is's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2005
    Posts
    156
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yes... NYC is very expensive to live in, Jersey too for that matter, but I miss the Museums, the Shops, and the general vibe.

    I probably won't ever move back up there, but will definitely plan numerous trips through the years. Nothing like hitting the Met in the Morning, AGP for lunch or an afternoon tea, and then catching a show in the evening.

    Just might have to start plotting for Spring, Spamalot tickets are sold out until then.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member allthingsag's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2005
    Posts
    210
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks so much. I called AGPNY and you were right. They do have the original Felicity dolls. I was able to order one. They are signed by Pleasant Rowland and come with a numbered certificate. There is a debate whether there were originally 500 or 1500 made. They are tan bodied and their heads have been retightended with their original strings. They said they have about 6 left. You can call Robyn @ 212-644-1145 or e-mail her @ [email protected]
    There are no hang tags or brochures.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member chrysa1is's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2005
    Posts
    156
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    YAY!

    I had called Chicago, because I had figured they would have a better chance of having an original Felicity, since AGPNY only opened a couple of years ago.

    That means between them there are 8 more out there. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member mayergirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30th, 2005
    Posts
    789
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Welcome!!! I PM'd you [img]wink.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member chrysa1is's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2005
    Posts
    156
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cool

    Well, technically only a late bloomer in AG, because I spent 14 years wanting one and only just bought my first doll this past April at AGPNY.

    Now I've gone and jumped in the deep end and after calling a Personal Shopper at the AGPC store and confirming the rumor that there were still original, signed Felicity's available for purchase, I will soon be the proud owner of Two more Beautiful Dolls... my the one sparking my love of the Company... Felicity in her original form... and Elizabeth.

    Anyhow... found a link to this forum on LJ and thought, "Why not?" Will be nice to have fellow adults who love these girls as much as I do.

    BTW... I adore your travel and adventure photo albums. You even inspired me to make a very short, but soon to be expanded Fashion Show album for Mari!

  9. #9
    HB Forum Owner felicityprincess04's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 30th, 2004
    Posts
    683
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Welcome!
    You'll love it here. Your Marisol is beautiful!
    Congrats on getting an original Felicity and Elizabeth! [img]smile.gif[/img]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member rachie421's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    712
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Welcome to the board! Youre getting an original Felicity from AG??!!!! Thats amazing! And good for you! Youve certainly waited long. You dont have to go into specifics, but Im assuming that she is costing more than the price of a mattel version right? Because when you say original, do you just mean compared to the new travel gown Felicity, or the way back PM kind?

    Anway, welcome to the board again! You will really love it here!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •